Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunflower Seed Sour Cream.

I love real sour cream. I remember while growing up and clearing off the table... I'd use the spoon from the leftover sour cream, get a big scoop, eat it, then stick the spoon in the dishwasher. While it doesn't repulse me to think about it now, I'll never know - but it should. This is from my friend Brooke and is a great sub, and super easy to make.

If I think about it the night before or morning of, I'll soak the sunflower seeds. Makes it so they blend up a lot creamier. If not, no biggie. So good!

1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup water
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 garlic clove pressed (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Place ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!