Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats.

I've been having a taste for those treats I had once when I was little that was made with peanut butter and cheerios and kinda like a rice crispy treat. Are there such things? Or is this a childhood dream that never happened. Until then, I found these... and they did not disappoint. Yum. The original is from YourVeganMom.

6 cups crispy brown rice cereal 
1 cup brown rice syrup (I used date syrup)
1 cup raw, unrefined sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon dark molasses (or you can just sub 1c. of brown sugar)
pinch of salt (if your peanut butter's not salted, then add another couple pinches)

Lightly grease a 9 by 12 baking dish, and set aside. Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside. In a sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, brown rice syrup, and molasses until just melted and beginning to bubble. Stir in the peanut butter and salt and return to a boil. Pour hot peanut butter mixture over cereal and stir to combine. Press into prepared baking dish. Let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into squares. You can eat them at this point or let them cool completely. Do not chill.

And, if you cut them into 30 equal pieces, there's 18.2 grams of carbs in each one. I know this because I love a little boy who has diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!