Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Carrie's Whole Wheat Pancakes

My friend Carrie gave this recipe to me with some whole wheat flour she ground herself. She said the freshly ground flour made the cakes.... they sure did! Inspired me to bust into my food storage, go grind some wheat at her house and make them again and again. I am almost ashamed to say that for my family, we doubled this and only had 6 left over.


1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs yolks, reserve egg whites

Combine all ingredients except egg whites. Whip 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into pancakes mixture. And cook away.

Syrup: I nuked some frozen strawberries and blueberries in the microwave, smooshed with a fork and then mixed in some cinnamon.

To eat: I put my pancakes down, sprinkled some nut dust on and then poured on the syrup. Soooooooooo heavenly!! I owe you big-time Carrie for this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!