Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Carrot Oatmeal Cookies.

After loving Nikki's Healthy Cookie on 101 Cookbooks, I saw a related to link for these... read the ingredients and fell in love as I made them in my mouth. I was so excited to make them... and they did NOT disappoint. A tad crumbly... but so, so awesome and moist. And can you say healthy!? I made them and then sent the link right to Natalie... hoping I could pay her back for the first healthy cookie intro.

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup real maple syrup, room temperature
1/2 cup unrefined (fragrant) coconut oil, warmed until just melted
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger

Preheat oven to 375F degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Add the nuts and carrots. In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Drop onto prepared baking sheets, one level tablespoonful at a time, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake in the top 1/3 of the oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.


Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!