Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nikki's Healthy Cookie.

My early on healthy-eating inspire-er friend, Natalie, passed this recipe onto me. She told me that I needed to try them... so I, of course did...  and they made me very, very happy. All normal stuff everyone should have on hand. So, get to cookin these up peeps or patiently wait for your bananas to ripen so you can!
Another great thing about eating a plant-based diet - no worries on eating the cookie dough! Lick on Coco Bean!

3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil, barely warm - so it isn't solid (or alternately, olive oil)
2 cups rolled oats
2/3 cup almond meal {just blend in blender}
1/3 cup coconut, finely shredded & unsweetened
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 - 7 ounces chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, racks in the top third.


In a large bowl combine the bananas, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Set aside. In another bowl whisk together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks/chips.The dough is a bit looser than a standard cookie dough, don't worry about it. Drop dollops of the dough, each about 2 teaspoons in size, an inch apart, onto a parchment (or Silpat) lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 - 14 minutes. I baked these as long as possible without burning the bottoms and they were perfect - just shy of 15 minutes seems to be about right in my oven.

Makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies.

ya'll can thank my friend natalie for this one...
she got it from 101cookbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!