Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Shrek Shake: Nutrient Rich Chocolate Smoothie.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... my #1 who once asked for Shrek Shakes now refuses to eat them. And now that she's 6, I really don't feel right about forcing her to eat them. And she doesn't take bribes anymore with her food. She's a stubborn one, enter the red hair.

I thought this would be a winner with the chocolate and the juice and the fact that it's not green... but no bueno. At least not for her... the rest of us loved it.

Ughhhh. And double sigh.

6 ounces unsweetened chocolate almond milk
4 ounces pomegranate juice
6 ounces baby spinach
1 banana, frozen
dates, to taste (i use 1)
3 tablespoons raw cacao powder or carob powder
2 cups frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon flaxseed

Blend all until fully processed and smooth.

Unprocessed by Chef AJ

1 comment:

  1. Did your package ever make it to your house?!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!