Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nut Dust.

In a food processor I grind any kind of nuts together. I usually do a mix of almonds, walnuts, pecans and sunflower seeds. Put it in a freezer ziplock and put it in the freezer to keep fresh. I use it for a ton of stuff... oatmeal, veggie cookies, sprinkle on yogurt.

I learned it from Dr. Fuhrman's book, Disease Proof Your Child (if you have little kids and babies and are interested in a plant-based diet for them, read it!). I introduced Corynn to nuts at 9 months and this stuff is perfect because what baby can crunch down on a nut? Well, I guess some can but mine were late teethers and didn't stick everything in their mouths. Weird, right? 

And for all you that think you don't like nuts, I was one of them, try it. You won't even know they're there! Plus, as plant-based eaters you need their nutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!