Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Faux Parmesan.

Parmesan cheese is something I use to love. It's like the perfect finish to a soup, a salad, bread sticks, pasta... you get the idea. And this isn't like the real thing. But it's a yummy substitute. My kids love to dip things, sprinkle things and scoop things. And this is a good sprinkle.

While I'm still experimenting with what all I can use it on, Chef AJ puts it on air popped popcorn, potatoes and steamed veggies, ontop chili and soups. Yum.

Plus, nutritional yeast is an excellent source of (a complete) protein, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals.

Faux Parmesan Cheese {raw}
1 cup raw almonds or cashews
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning (Benson's Table Tasty) {i just used Mrs. Dash}

In a food processor fitted with the "S" blade or in a blender, combine all ingredients until a powdery texture is achieved. If you like ti more chunky, process less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!