Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Roasted Eggplant and Spinach Muffuletta Sandwich.

When first flipping through Veganomicon, the picture of this sandwich made me totally want to try it. With it's 70's film and all (seriously needed better photography for this book!). It looked interesting. It looked good. And I really want to like eggplant. 

It wasn't the eggplant that ruined it... it was all the salty olives. I should have listened to their little forward when it said, "Only olive lovers need apply!" I like them. But I surely don't love them. And I even halved them. Still way, way too salty.

I'm tempted to try it again, without all the olives. But it may take me a year. But at least the mashed potatoes were good (they were suppose to be steak fries, but the smashed craving won over).

Veganomicon, page 100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!