Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cilantro-Corn Chips

I tried these from GreenSmoothieGirl to find a healthy alternative for Shayne's chips and salsa. I love them, but Shayne wasn't convinced they were "chip-like" for salsa. They're for sure crunchy, but a little delicate and don't give that crunchy/crisp like biting into a chip. But they're still yummy to snack on.
4 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 large anaheim pepper
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 bunch cilantro {i use half, Shayne's not a huge cilantro fan}
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Mix all except the flax in a blender until smooth, then add flax slowly. Spread in thin layers on teflex sheets in the dehydrator. After several hours, turn and score into large triangles. {I've skipped this step and just break them up when they're done} Finish drying until chips are crispy - usually 24 hours. {Fills 3 trays in my dehydrator} 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!