Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Veggie Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce.

I've been meaning to try this for about forever. First dilemma, I couldn't find them - I'm blind. They're basically in every grocery store. Second dilemma, needed a good dipping sauce -- not from a jar. When I went to my friend Kelly's baby shower - her sister (Crysta) had this awesome spread of yummy food. And there were her spring rolls. I knew she'd have my back, since she's a crazy healthy eater, and so she posted it up where she got her recipe for the yummy peanut dipping sauce (lovesveggiesandyoga). These are so... sooo... sooo... SO good. 

Inside Veggies... whatever you like, I like...
carrots, julienned
cucumbers, julienned
peppers, sliced 
sprouts
avocado, sliced


Averie’s 2 Minute Peanut Sauce
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup/agave nectar blend
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar 
1 teaspoon ginger powder (optional)

Whisk all together. (I try to chill it before I use it...just a preference.)

Soak rice paper wrappers in warm water for 15 seconds. Put on a flat surface like a cutting board. Fill with veggies and wrap up like a egg roll folding in the sides. And dip. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!