Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Friday, July 1, 2016

RIP 90% Plant-based Diet.

My blog header use to read like this....

"Set up to chronicle my families journey's into healthy eating. After a lot of reading, wanting the best health for my family... we've adopted a "foodstyle" that has changed our lives. 90% of the time we try to eat meals that are plant-basedno animal productsno oils, using natural sweeteners and foods with a low glycemic index. We eat lots of fruits, veggies, grains, beans and nuts. This is a blog of the bites I've found that have sat happy in our bellies... and notes along the way. And I promise... it's yummy!"

It's been about a year since I started cooking meat again... I love the plant-based diet. KNOW of it's goodness and help it was for my husband and I. About 6 months after my husband and I got married his doctor diagnosed him as "borderline diabetic". We both took it very seriously and that's what led us to living a mostly plant-based diet for about 5 years. It was awesome. His levels evened out and he's not even close to the diabetic life anymore. 

After all those years of loving on plants we decided to find moderation in all things. It's been a great balance. I still prefer GOOD vegan food. But love that I can have my meat and cheese and balance it all out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!