Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Friday, January 16, 2015

Honey Glazed Granola {Nutty4Nutrition}

This stuff is the best! I love that it's more nuts and less granola... unlike a lot of granola and lighlty sweetened. And it doesn't hurt that it's laced with the memory of Carrie and I devouring the bag she made while at a women's conference at church. I was mumbling through - talking with my mouth full, nuts stuck in my teeth - asking her whose recipe it was. Turns out I pinned the exact one months ago. Huh. Who knew people actually made the stuff they pinned. 

1 and 1/2 cups of nuts and seeds of your choice (I used almonds, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin and sunflower seeds).
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup organic honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar
1 and 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon hemp hearts (optional)
1/4 cup dried fruit (I used cranberries)

Pulse larger nuts in a food processor just to break them up a little bit.
Place in a bowl and mix with all other ingredients except your hemp hearts and dried fruit.
Place in parchment paper and bake at 325•F for 12-15 minutes.

Once your mixture is cool, break apart to make it nice and loose and add your hemp and dried fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!