Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Taco Nut "Meat" and Leftover Salad.


This salad started as a way to get rid of the stuff in my fridge before we went out of town... but turned into so.stinkin.good! Then I realized I never posted the raw taco nut "meat" that i love from love veggies & yoga. So, here goes...

leftover cabbage, spinach, corn on the cob, vegan ranch, tomatoes.... and the "meat"

Raw Vegan Taco Nut “Meat”
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup walnuts
1/3 cup {smoked} sun dried tomatoes, loosely packed (If using oil packed, may slightly reduce amount of olive oil added)
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil (or hemp, flax, etc.)
Optional: 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)

Put all ingredients into blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until desired texture is reached. Don’t overblend and pulverize the mixture, or you will have taco meat spread rather than chunky taco “meat”.

This will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.

Note: The flavors marry and develop better after approximately 6-12 hours, so I like to make it in the morning for that night’s dinner if possible.

*The seasonings are all to taste. You can add some taco seasoning too, like a McCormick.

3 comments:

  1. Love me some nut meat and you can't even tell once it is all spiced up! Gonna try this soon :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to say THANK YOU!! for posting these recipes! For real!! I love your blog and so appreciate the work you put into sharing, people like me get so overwhelmed with finding healthy food options for my family and it's so wonderful to know that I can come here and my family will always like it!

    Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Amber!! That made.my.day!! And it gave me the extra encouragement that I've been needing to get this blog current with my new yummy finds. That's what it's here for, and I'm SO glad it's helped you and your family!! Come back soon, and I'll have some more for ya. ;)

      Delete

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!