Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Granola Bars. {Carrie}

I haven't a clue why these aren't up on this blog yet. They're a family favorite and I've been making them for years. Starting the day after Carrie made some for me.

Shayne loves them because I sent a batch with him to France when he went with my dad and brothers to watch the Tour de France and go cycling... so it takes him back to the mountains of France. May not to the same for you... but I promise, you'll love them.
 
Double the batch up and freeze a pan, they're awesome from the freezer. Keep them in the fridge. You can change them up with what you like... but here's our favorite way...
 
2/3 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup honey
Mix together- will be very difficult. I let the kitchen-aid have at it.
1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 2/3 cup oats
1/3 cup wheat germ
1 1/2 cup nuts (combo is best)
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins (we omit, aren't raisin in bar fans)
 
Add into the peanut/honey mixture and blend until all incorporated. Press good and firm into a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350*F for 15 minutes.
Let cool and cut into squares. Keep in the fridge when you're not chowing down on them.
 
*Ours are usually a bit crumbly because I add more nuts and not any more "glue". But it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!