Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries with Basil-Garlic Mayonnaise.

I loooooove sweet potato fries. And these are good. And the mayo to dip 'em in are even better! SO good. It's a Giada de Laurentiis that I veganized. It wasn't hard... swap out the mayo for vegenaise and you're good. Although I'd like to think there was some more skill to it. 

I haven't gotten my family to love sweet potatoes the way I do... I blame it on their father's revulsion to them. So, I enjoy these all on my own. And I'm totally, and completely... okay with that.


5 sweet potatoes, cut into about 1 by 5-inch "fries"
drizzle of olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried
2 teaspoons kosher salt (I go way easy, maybe a 1/2 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup vegenaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 400*F.


Place the sweet potato "fries" on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss with olive oil. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes.

Meanwhile combine the basil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. In another small bowl combine the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice, and stir to combine. **

When the sweet potato fries come out of the oven, sprinkle with the basil salt. Serve with the garlic vegenaise alongside for dipping.
**I always go sooo light on the olive oil that the basil salt never really sticks to the fries. So, I just add it to the garlic vegenaise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!