Blog of the Belly Biter:

Some plant-based, some unhealthy, some super healthy but ALL good. Kid tested and mother approved!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Black Bean and Beer Chili.

So this was suppose to be "the" chili for us since we love just about everything in this recipe: ancho chilies... portobello shrooms... black beans... smoked paprika... and on and on - everything but the beer (we're not beer drinking people). SO, I couldn't wait to cook it up after I'd seen it on the Rachael Ray Show. I did it up just right - everything but the beer... and it was less then stellar. I think I built it up in my mind way too much. Don't get me wrong - it was good - just not amazing and for sure not going into my rotation. Maybe it was all in the missing beer.

And I'm sad to say all that... since it's been a looooong time since a RR recipe disappointed me, remember the Ratatouille? I'm putting it up here just so ya'll do know I have bombs when I cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you thought if you've bitten one of my bites!